Whether you’re relying on the joy of seeing Joe Jonas dance to Beyoncé’s Single Ladies to get you through the day (and channeling the “Single Ladies” vibe for confidence), blubbering over The Vow or playing the gift-guessing game with your sweetie, there’s no pink, fuzzy doubt about it: Valentine’s Day 2012 has arrived. Chocolate and flower sales are through the roof, students are getting engaged and Carrboro is having a food truck rodeo.
I’m sorry, wait, what was that?
Yep, a food truck rodeo. A few food trucks will set up shop Tuesday from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Carrboro Farmers’ Market and a portion of the proceeds will go to TABLE and the Inter-Faith Council for Social Service. They’ll also be collecting canned goods.
- Baguettaboutit: European style baguette sandwiches featuring local sausages and specialty sauces. @baguettaboutit
- Cocoa Cinnamon: Select coffee, teas, spices and handmade chocolates. @cocoacinnamon
- Chirba Chirba: Asian street fare truck specializing in Chinese dumplings. @ChirbaChirba
- Parlez-Vous Crepe: Made-to-order sweet and savory crepes. @parlezvouscrepe
- Monuts Donuts: Fresh, handcrafted donuts in a variety of flavors. @monutsdonuts
- Triangle Raw Foodists: Raw, gluten-free, dairy-free and meatless food options (will be there from 7-9:30 p.m.). @TrnglRwFoodists
If you check out the food truck rodeo, Tweet at us (@reesenews) and let us know what you think. Otherwise, check back afterwards to see what went down.
Happy Valentine’s Day!